Hoya Federal Credit Union is dedicated to serving our members with superior service. We believe that providing top quality service begins with hiring service oriented people. Therefore, we are continuously in search of such qualified, talented individuals to join our winning team.
At Hoya FCU, we offer competitive wages and great benefits. Following are some of the benefits, programs and services that makes Hoya Federal Credit Union great.
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Professional Development Program
- Credit Union Membership
- Holiday Pay
Hoya Federal Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider all applicants for positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, mental or physical disabilities, marital or veteran/reserve/national guard status, sexual orientation or any other similarly protected status.
Hoya Federal Credit Union seeks candidate for its Accounting Manager position. The chosen applicant will report to the Manager & CEO and will be responsible for the financial affairs of the credit union, including the oversight and analysis in the areas of asset-liability, liquidity strategies, cash management, investment functions, financial reporting, and interest rate risk. In addition, this position will provide assistance with budget development and strategic planning.
Starting Salary Range: $40,000 - $50,000
Some duties and responsibilities include:
- The planning, development, and implementation of effective accounting strategies, policies, and procedures.
- The effective preparation, maintenance, and reporting of internal and external financial records and analyses.
- The effective performance of all accounting department functions.
- Performing and overseeing daily operations and pefroming administrative functions for the accounting department.
- Establish and maintian effective business relations with vendors, governmental agencies, and outside business and accounting professionals.
View full job description
Ideal candidate will have a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, 3 to 5 years of financial institution accounting experience, and demonstrated knowledge of GAAP, credit union regulations, and financial reporting. A CPA is strongly preferred. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and Outlook, PowerPoint is a plus) and have excellent verbal and written communication skills. Experience with the Galaxy Plus operating system and Wisdom is also a plus. Maintain a professional appearance, dress, and attitude.
Credit Union Benefits
Some employee benefits include:
- Monday-Friday Office Hours Only
- 11 paid holidays
- Medical, dental, prescription and vision insurance
- 401(k) Plan with employer match
- Free Life and Disability Insurance
Send resume and other pertinent information to Hazel Logan or fax to (202) 687-6920 or mail to Hoya Federal Credit Union, Georgetown University, PO Box 571106, Washington, DC 20057-1106